Whatsapp is a quite prominent messaging and chat application that allows you to make free voice and video calls as well. With Whatsapp Messenger, you can connect to anyone across the globe provides that he/she is also using Whatsapp.
Whatsapp is a free application available for Android, iOS, and Windows platforms so you can download it without spending a dime.
The current scenario has forced people to work from home, so managing work along with Whatsapp chats become a bit monotonous. Well, you can make it easier by using Whatsapp Web, which means that you can use Whatsapp on your PC while managing your work.
In this article, you can go through the definitive guide to use Whatsapp Web.
How to Use Whatsapp Web – A Step by Step Guide
- Go to web.whatsapp.com using any browser, including Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox, etc.
- Now click on Whatsapp App on your smartphone.
- Click on Settings> Whatsapp Web.
- The camera app of your phone will pop up, and you have t select the barcode displayed on your PC to load your Whatsapp Account on it.
- You can Logout anytime from your PC if you need. Also, the Whatsapp App on your phone will work fine even if you are using it on a PC.
- Open any browser on your PC, and open web.whatsapp.com. You can open the link with any browser, including Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox, and much more.
- Now open the Whatsapp app on your Android device.
- Tap on Menu and then click on Whatsapp Web.
- Take your phone in your hand and start scanning the barcode displayed on the PC.
- You can Logout anytime by clicking on the three-dot menu available on the top-left corner of the Whatsapp Web Screen on your PC.
Is There a Way to Logout If My PC Is Turned Off?
Yes, you can still log out if your PC is turned off. Whenever you connect to Whatsapp Web, then you will get a notification on your smartphone regarding the details of the connected PC. You can logout from your smartphone anytime on the go.
- Open Whatsapp App on your phone.
- Click on Setting> Whatsapp Web> Logout from the Active Session
- Open Whatsapp Messenger on your device.
- Open Chats> Select Menu> Click on Whatsapp Web.
- You will see the details of your active session, and you can choose to Logout if you want.
Can I Turn Off the Notifications on My PC?
Yes, you can turn off the chat notifications if you don’t want any disturbance. After you successfully open the Whatsapp Web and link your account with it, then you will get the option “Turn Off Desktop Notifications” on the main screen.
Click on it to turn off the notifications. Also, you can turn the notifications back following the same process.
Why Using Whatsapp Web is Beneficial?
There are tons of benefits of using Whatsapp Web. First of all, you can manage the chats on the go with your PC, so there is no need to pick up your smartphone every time it displays a notification.
Moreover, you can access all the previous chats and can interact with your contacts. Whatsapp Web allows you to send stickers, make video calls, and other such stuff which is available in the smartphone app.
You May Also Like:
Using Whatsapp Web is as easy as it sounds. Take your smartphone out of your pocket and follow this simple process to manage your account with your PC. However, you will not be able to delete your account or change the phone number through your PC. You need to use the mobile app for these features.